Adding to my clinical experience and upgrading my academic level of studies in Orthopedics and other medical related sciences that help me in my academic career.
- Doctorate degree of Orthopedic & Trauma surgery, Cairo University (2009-2011); Very Good
Thesis title: “All press fit technique in ACL arthroscopic reconstruction in ACL deficient knee; a prospective study”
- Masters of Orthopedic & Trauma surgery, Cairo university (2006-2008)
Part 1: Excellent (October 2006).
Part 2: very good (October 2007).
Essay title: “Role of arthroscopy in management of retinacular disorders of the knee”
- M.B.B.Ch. Cairo university : (1997-2003)
Excellent with high honors, (ranked in the top 5 % out of more than 1600 candidate).
- Secondary school education : (1994-1997)
I.G.C.S.E. ”International General Certificate of Secondary Education” from Dar El Tarbiah School under the supervision of Cambridge University in England,(achieving highest grades A* in more than 6 subjects out of 9)
On Field work experience:
January 2012 till present:
Working as a lecturer in the Orthopedic & Trauma department, Cairo University and the founding Consultant of Vibe Sports Clinic
January 2010- Jan 2012:
Working as an assistant lecturer in the Orthopedic department, Cairo University as been nominated by the department after my residency program.
March 2008-untill now:
Working as a consultant of orthopedic surgery in 5 specialized hospitals;
- Al-Amal specialized Hospitals, Cairo
- Al-Rahma, Heliopolis, Cairo
- Assalam International Hospital, Maadi, Cairo
- El Safa hospital, Mohandessin,Cairo
- Dar El Hekma, Nasr City, Cairo.
- French Cairo University Hospitals, Cairo
- El Zoheiry, Manial, Cairo
- El Manial Specialized Hospital, Manial, Cairo
Completed a 3 years training program as a resident in orthopedic department at Kasr Al-ainy Cairo university hospitals. It includes:
- 6 months training in a pediatric orthopedic unit.
- On hands Training on the basic skills of arthroscopy
- On hands training on the basics of arthroplasties
- 1 year training in the trauma and emergency unit.
- Highly trained in management of almost all types of fractures.
- Basic surgical skills of back surgeries(elective and traumatic cases)
Completed a 1 year training program as a house officer at Kasr Al-Ainy Cairo university hospitals. This includes 2 months rotations in each of the following departments; General surgery, Internal medicine, Anesthesiology, Gynecology & obstetrics, Pediatrics & A&E unit.
International Training and Fellowships
6 weeks as a SICOT fellow in Orthopedic & Trauma Department, University de Pavia, Italy. Under the supervision of Professor F. Benazzo, i was assisting in surgeries and attending outpatients and participating in the follow ups.
Fellowship was focused on Joint Arthroplasty surgeries along with sports injuries. Experience gained in surgical techniques of primary Knee and Hip joint replacement as well as revision surgeries, Decision making and management of cases with joint diseases prior to surgeries, Diagnosis of sports injuries, injections and conservative measures in tendon and ligament injuries. Moreover, contact with top players in Seria A (first division soccer Italian league) with management of their injuries and their follow up was done routinely in the clinic.
6 weeks as an AO fellow in Staadtische Klinikum Karlsruhe, with Professor Mueller. I was assisting in surgeries and attending outpatients and participating in the follow ups.
Spending 3 weeks as a clinical fellow with Dr Weiler in “Sportopaedicum”, Berlin, Germany. I was assisting in surgeries and attending outpatients and participating in the follow ups.
I spent 12 weeks as a guest physician in 3 different hospitals assisting in surgeries and attending outpatients and participating in the follow ups. The fellowship period was as follows:
13 March-13 April: Artico sport klinik, Villingen-Schwenningen
18 March-15 May: Marienkrankenhaus Orthopadische hospital, Duesseldorf
15 May-5 June: ATOS klinik Heidelberg.
1 month of clinical attachment to Leeds General Infirmary ”LGI” one of the NHS trust hospitals in Leeds, UK . I worked there as a clinical observer under supervision of Mr Tseridis, a consultant of Orthopedic surgery. I have attended the daily trauma meetings, trauma list in theatres, along with the elective list of Mr Tseredis in Chapel Allerton Hospital on a weekly basis which includes arthroplasties of the lower limbs.
Medical Courses and workshops attended:
- A faculty member of the “1st Pan Hellenic Congress of Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in Football” that was held in the Mount Olympus , Greece in March 2016.
- A Course Director and Organizer of the “1st International Patellofemoral Master Course” that was held in Cairo, Egypt in September 2015
- A Faculty member and organizer of the “1st Shoulder Kasr Alainy Cadveric course” that was held in Cairo, Egypt in March 2016.
- A Guest Speaker & A Faculty Member in “MENA Orthopedic Congress” that was held in Dubai, UAE in September 2016
- A faculty member and a member of the organizing committee of ”1st International Hip arthroscopy Cadaveric course” that was held in Assuit, Egypt in October 2016
- Participated in “ Hip Arthroscopy course” as a faculty member that was held in Assuit, Egypt in May 2014
- Participated in “ 3rd International Seminar for MIS Knee surgery” as a facultymember that was held in Thessaloneki, Greece in April 2014
- Organized and attended the “ Second Mideterranean Trauma International Symposuim” that was held in Alexandria, Egypt in September 2013
- Attended the “SICOT” 2012 that was held in Dubai in December 2012
- Participated in the “World Sports Trauma Congress, WSTC 2012” as a Faculty member that was held in London in October, 2012
- Attended the “EFORT” 2012 that was held in Berlin in May 2012.
- Attended “The Foot and Ankle course and workshop” held in ATOS Klinik (Heidelberg, Deutschland, 30 May 2011 )
- Attended “The regenerative techniques in cartilage of body joints and Hip Arthroscopy course and workshop” held in Hannover Universitat Medezine (Hannover, Deutschland, 8-9 April 2011 )
- Attended “The implant free ACL reconstruction course and workshop” held in Charite Universitat (Berlin, Deutschland, 30 March 2011 )
- Attended “The Second British Trauma Course” that is designed and conducted by the British Orthopedic Association in conjunction with the Egyptian Orthopedic Association (Cairo, Egypt – October 2009)
- Attended “The AO course and workshop for principles of fracture management” that is licensed by the AO global association of fracture management (Cairo, Egypt – June 2009).
- Attended the course of “Knee from A to Z” organized and sponsored by the Egyptian Orthopedic Association (Cairo, Egypt – June 2009).
- Attended the course and workshop of “Advanced knee Arthroscopy course” (Cairo, Egypt – November 2008).
- Attended “the 3rd international hip resurfacing and metal on metal training course and the 1st short stem training course and ceramics on ceramics bearings course” (Alexandria, Egypt- 16-18 October 2008 )
- Attended the course of “Recent trends in CLUB FOOT management” (Cairo, Egypt – Feb. 2008).
- Attended the course and workshop of “Basic skills of knee Arthroscopy” (Cairo, Egypt – March 2008).
- Attended “The Advanced AO course and workshop for fracture management” that is licensed by the AO global association of fracture management (Cairo, Egypt – June 2007).
Groups and medical societies affiliated to:
- A member of ICRS since 2015
- A member of the ESSKA since 2014
- A faculty member in the EFOST since 2012.
- A member of the SICOT organization since 2011.
- A member of EGAA Egyptian society of Arthroscopy & sports medicine since 2010.
- A member of the AO Alumini for the Middle East region since 2009.
- A member of EAO Egyptian Orthopedic association since 2008.
Publcations and acheivments
- The Course Director of the First International Patellofemoral Master Course, the first in Africa & Middle East that was held in Cairo , September – 2015
- Participated as member of team of surgeons that has been invited to San Thomas and Black lion University hospitals in ADIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA to train young surgeons, treating patients and giving lectures under the patronage of Egyptian ministry of health, Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs and Ethiopian ministry of health
- Designing and implementation of course & workshops in Servicure academy (A Private institution for continuous medical Education)
- The Course director and Chairman of “The basics of Knee Arthroscopy & meniscal surgery” that was held in 16,17 October, 2014 in Cairo, Egypt
- The contact person and a member of the organizing committee of the 2nd International Mediterranean Trauma Congress that was held in Alexandria, Egypt September, 2013.
- A speaker and a member of the Faculty of the WSTC, 2012. I have presented 2 talks titled:
Biological ACL Reconstruction in the Middle East
Implant free ACL Reconstruction using the ST-G tendon graft
- The founder and the coordinator of the “SIT” Sports Injuries team of Orthopaedic department, Cairo University.
- The organizer and coordinator of the monthly Instructional course lectures held by our department
- A member of the organizing team for the weekly scientific activities held by the department including a monthly Journal Club and a monthly Instructional course lectures and a monthly Morbidity & Mortality meeting.
- A speaker in the SICOT Trainee day held by the SICOT organization in Egypt in collaboration with the EAO on the 12th of December.
- The author of “Arthroscopic All Press-fit ACL Reconstruction using quadruple hamstrings; A prospective study” that was presented in the EFFORT congress in Berlin, May 2012 and in SICOT international congress, Dubai, UAE Nov. 2012.
- A faculty member in the Sports Medicine Diploma held in Cairo and organized by the Egyptian Medical Syndicate in collaboration with the Arab Medical Union.
- Main Author of a research paper entitled “ Clinical outcome after Implant free ACL reconstruction using hamstring tendon graft “ in European journal of Orthopedics & Traumatology ,September 2015 (Vol. 6, No. 3)\
Hobbies and interests:
Reading – Traveling – Playing sports, soccer and water sports – Interested in sports, arts, leadership & human development.
Extra curricular activities and achievements:
- Attended a course in “Research Team management” designed and run by Cairo University. (June 2010).
- Attended a course in “Use of Technology in teaching” designed and run by Cairo University. (July 2010).
- Attended a course in “Code of Ethics” designed and run by Cairo university. (August 2010).
- Attended a course in “International publishing of a research” designed and run by Cairo University. (August 2010).
- Attended a course in “Student evaluation” designed and run by Cairo University. (August 2010).
- Attended a course in “Research methodology and basics of statistics in community medicine” designed and run by Cairo university. (September 2007).
- Attended a seminar about the book “Men are from Mars & Women are from Venus”(July 2006).
- Attended a course on adopting “positive parenting attitudes”. (February 2006).
- Attended a seminar about “My Life Project” part of Ru’ya curriculum for changing and adopting better lifestyle by Nusaiba al motowe’ . (December 2005).
- Attended a course titled “Time management”. (February-July 2005).
- Participated in a 3-days workshop on living “The seven habits of highly effective people”. (March 2004).
- An instructor in the course “Basic Clinical & Surgical skills” that is organized by Cairo university hospitals offering theoretical and On-hands training for the house officers.
- A guest in a conference discussing “How to improve health care in Egypt ?” held at grand Hyatt hotel Cairo, Egypt . (March 2005).
- The inspirer and leader of a project of production and preparation of a pilot T.V program named “Wakonna”(July 2005).
- A member of the team who’s responsible for Samy Youssef’s (the famous British singer) first concerts in Egypt in cooperation with Good News media production company . (October 2004)
- A member of the board of directors of SAMA charity organisation
- The operation manager of “m3an nasna3 al 7yah” clothes recycling campaign through out Egypt different cities and based in Cairo. (Feb. -July 2004)
- A member of the management team launching Resala charity organization polyclinics chain. (Jan. 2004)
- Miscosoft Windows
- Microsoft Office; Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Arabic….Native Tongue,
- English….Fluently Written & Spoken
IBT TOEFL exam ; Excellent (scoring 112 out of 120 ) October 2010 Reading……High (scoring 26 out of 30)
Writing…….Good (scoring 28 out of 30)
Speaking……Good (scoring 28 out of 30)
Listening……High (scoring 30 out of 30)
- Public speaker.
- Loves the challenge.
- Can work as part of a team.
- Self motivated.
Name: Hazem Ahmed Farouk El- Sayed
Marital status: divorced with 2 kids
Date of birth: 7-9-1980
Place of birth: Cairo , Egypt
Address: 97/6/25 , El Rehab City , Cairo , Egypt .
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
Telephone number :
Fixed; +20 2 2638 56 57
Mobile; +20 111 310 72 78 – 122 310 72 78
Military service: Exempted.
Furnished upon request.